Maltby TSW DRM Forged Wedges
Maltby TSW DRM Forged Wedges
Tour Inspired Profile - The Maltby TSW DRM True Forged wedges sport a "player preferred" profile with a exceptionally clean look in the playing position. A squared "tour rolled" leading edge and minimal .040" offset frames the golf ball at address for easy alignment and improved confidence.
Diamonized Raw Metal FinishThe DRM (Diamonized Raw Metal) finish is a chemically implanted finish that is more wear resistant and more scratch resistant than nickel chrome finishes but may oxidize slightly over time. The infused DRM finish protects the integrity of the CNC milled micro scoring lines edges and overall groove geometry significantly longer than any other carbon steel finish. The DRM finish produces a rich, non glare, dark satin "pewter" finish.
Dual Sole Design The Maltby TSW DRM True Forged Wedges feature a full relief sole design inspired by a 2 time major winner on the PGA tour allowing skilled players maximum face angle manipulations for a full array of golf shots from the fairway and around the green. The TSW's designed sole width combined with the relieved sole grind and optimal bounce angles provides great performance from a wide variety of turf and sand conditions for players of all skill levels.
5 Step Forging Process - The Maltby TSW DRM Forged Wedges are true forged Maltby wedges manufactured by a 5 Step Precision Forging Process. The 5 step forging process uses 5 separate SKD61 (a special high chromium steel alloy tool with high hardness and wear resistance) tooling dies for each loft in the series for extremely tight weight and shape tolerances that require very little surface polishing. Each step of the 5 step precision forging process is temperature controlled to produce the best possible density and internal grain structure of the 1025C Carbon Steel part.
CNC Milling - The Maltby TSW DRM wedges feature a CNC milled face to ensure face flatness for more consistency regardless of impact location. Micro U Shaped Grooves allow for more grooves on the hitting surface than traditional wedges to increase backspin and provide greater accuracy and control, especially on the less than full shots from the fairway and around the green.
- True Forged from 1025C Carbon Steel
- Forged from a 5 step forging process for unparalleled consistency producing extremely tight spec tolerances
- CNC milled face ensures face flatness for more consistency
- CNC milled Micro U Shaped Grooves allow for more grooves on the hitting surface than traditional wedges to increases backspin on less than full shots for more control
- Dual sole grind inspired by a 2 time major winner on the PGA tour
- Dual sole grind allows maximum face angle manipulation for a full array of golf shots from the fairway and around the green using the measured sole width. The effective sole width expands the playable sole width when played from sand bunkers and extremely soft turf conditions
- Durable anti-glare DRM finish
- Superb sound and feel from all shots
- Available in 6 loft options – 50, 52, 54, 56, 58 and 60 degrees
- Universal hosel allows for .355” taper and .370” parallel shafts
- Easily bendable for loft and lie +/- 2 degrees.
- Recommended Ferrule – 88PI - The 88PI was developed to perfectly fit the outside diameter of the TSW's oversized tapered hosel design and will not require ferrule turning.